I posted 31 *Drabbles during April, some days I got carried away and posted two drabbles. I'd planned to write them all on climate related themes, but got distracted and included ones on learning difficulties as well. I managed between 15 and 40 alliterations on most drabbles, on quite a few posts I included sound alike words too, it was a fabulous, fun month of blogging. (A *Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.)
- A Art about artists and art exhibitions included 40 A words.
- B Bereft of bananas about the devastation from Cyclone Yasi included 27 B words.
- C Climate & children 2 x drabbles. The first about climate challenges included 27 C words, the second about children with learning difficulties included 24 C words.
- D Distinguished Scientists and the difficulties they have in being misrepresented by Shock Jocks included 32 D words.
- E Environment & Ethics. About the ethical use of our environment included 23 E words.
- F Fretful is about my concerns for our environment. It included 27 F words. None rude!
- G Geographers celebrates these salt of the earth people ... Hi A! I managed 36 wonderful G words.
- H Horrible Feelings & Hearing. 2 x drabbles. the first again about the environment had 28 H words, the second about children with hearing difficulties ... Hi L! ... also included 28 H words.
- I Inspiring 2 x drabbles The first is about Sir David Attenborough with 30 I words the second about children with learning difficulties with 32 I words.
- J Justice & Jam 2 x drabbles. The First about a university lecturer fired when it was discovered he was dyselxic (with 22 J words) the second about my attempt to make marmalade contained 21 J words. With thanks to my brother for the cumquats.
- K Knowledge contained 16 K words and is about a friend wanting to return to work.
- L Lighten up It was getting a bit depressing focusing on so much negativity. It was fun posting photos of fun places I've travelled to. The words I'd chosen for L happened to coincide with my 1st blogiversary. A few of us had a virtual party! Oh, there are 39 L words.
- M Marvellous Ideas relates to the need to find alternative fuels to coal, and the derision when alternatives are suggested. I included 30 M words.
- N Nincompoop and Napalm is about Vietnam Vets and PTSD. It contains 30 N words.
- O Outrageous. A true story that still disgusts me; about a bullying teacher. A restrained 20 O words.
- P Penguins. Well you can be lucky! I wrote the post then my husband came home with photos of a penguin taken locally. There are 36 P words and the post relates to climate change.
- Q Quinces. Thankyou lovely neighbour for the lush fruit! I managed 18 Q words.
- R Reliable & Roberto's Report. 2 x drabbles. The first about climate and water challenges (30 R words) the second a salute to a fellow blogger who helps out when bloggy things go awry. (27 W words 4 WR words).
- S Shilly-shally is about climate issues again. There are 36 S words related to oil and water depletion.
- T Tense is about workplace bullying. There are 33 T words (My eyes are fuzzing up, so don't get miffed if I'm counting inexactly)
- U Unwanted attention related to childhood bullying, and the long term damage that can result. I only managed 21 U words.
- V Valiant volunteers is a tribute to all the amazing people who give their time to help others, often working in inhospitable conditions without any recompense for pay lost. For Tim and his mates! 21 V words.
- W Weirdo is a repost - I was tired. It's about a relative with Aspergers. It's not an alliterative post.
- X Dr Xing. My brain had gone to mush, I snuck in sound alike words and pretend I got to15!
- Y Yollanda and her yellow yacht. A good opportunity to include some lovely photos! There could be 24 Y words.
- Z Zero is about a child with a learning difficulty and his heartache. This is for you L and all the crap you survived at school. There could be 20 Z words.
|Luna Park St Kilda - near Melbourne|
April was a bit of a roller coaster ride!
An extensive Reflection post is over at traverselife here