Wednesday, January 19, 2011

the words have gone

.
I start. I fail. I start again. The word ‘futility’ almost explains my predicament or maybe it's ‘frustration’?
Nothing comes in response to these four pictures.

Valentine’s Day.
A celebration I fail to grasp: others hold so dear.
I search to find something meaningful
A spark
A miniscule, infinitesimal, sub molecular ‘something”
I peer hopefully into my brain, search the crevices for a word, just one to begin
grope in the murk, for something to latch on to.
Contrived clichés, brittle and trite reside.
Otherwise...
Nothingness.

I sleep, let my brain go into free fall and wake with hope.

*
A Drabble is a story told in 100 words. No more. No less.

Burrowers, Books & Balderdash are hosting a February Valentine Feature and inviting contributions aka Drabbles. Information and images are available on their site. Enjoy!

.

No comments: