Wednesday, March 30, 2011

K. Kangaroos, koalas & kookaburras. ABC Wednesday.


I’ve found a photo of a kangaroo or two, taken south-west of Kalgoorlie a couple of years ago but unfortunately no koalas are in my albums. (The cyclists did have heads, but I've edited them out to maintain anonymity even though it looks a bit queer.) 
It was great to be around kindred spirits and have a cup of tea from their kettles – they were very kindly - often I’d follow the cuppa with a bit of a kip when I got to the campsite.
My knobbly knees suffered a fair bit, and exhaustion kicked in each evening. But on this particular day there was a bit of a kerfuffle when the crazy emus kept pinching ketchup sandwiches from the kindly kids. The kangaroos weren’t much better and of course the kids treated them with kid gloves because they were in awe of them and were afraid they’d be kicked in the kidneys if they weren’t compliant. 
Honestly, you almost need to use karate or kick boxing to keep the creatures away they’re so keen to collect your food. But if we did that, they’d keel over and that’d be bad for your karma and the cops might hold a kangaroo court wearing kaftans (this is crazy!)










Many years ago, I saw a kangaroo on the beach hopping over the kelp (true dinks!) and was surprised when it swam across a creek. Even weirder was watching kookaburras chomping strawberries. 
Simple pleasures, happy memories - sometimes I think I've lived better than a king.


Thankyou to Mrs Nesbitt and her kindly team for hosting ABC Wednesday. Click to see fabulous variations on the theme from participants from around the world.
.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Such a delightful collection of K Animals for the K Day and a fun, marvelous post! Love those Kangaroos! Hope you're enjoying a good week!

Sylvia
ABC Team

Roger Owen Green said...

kool kollection of kreatures

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

A kooky and fun post that had me keeled over laughing! I love it! I want to take some of those kookaburras home too. Wish we had them here.

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour dear friend,
This post is adorable, I love Koalas and to meet with one is a dream for me!
Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures!
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

Meryl said...

Kookaburas...how KOOL. And I just love your tone and sense of humor. THis was such a nice visit. Thank you.

Ms. Becky said...

I want a kookabura. I see photos of them quite a lot, on blogs of people living in Australia....
I've never heard one, and I'm now off to find their song/sound on the internet. your photo of them all lined up eating strawberries is fantastic! have a great Wednesday Sue.

Gigi Ann said...

I loved reading about your Kool, Kooky adventures today.

Sue said...

ooh, thankyou everyone for your lovely fun comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed visiting. I've tried to get around, but keep having trouble; pages aren't to be found, they time out before connecting, or I simply can't leave a comment - I have no idea what's happening, but rest assured I'll visit when I can.